Monday, April 6, 2009

Darren, Darren, Darren is 24 !!!

My baby is 24!! What can I say? Darren was the last one to hug my leg, the last one to lose a tooth, last one to mow my lawn. I have always found it hard to see Darren grow up and do things - like - drive, date or graduate - because that meant I was losing my children and getting OLD.

Poor Darren had to put up with me all by himself. In other words, the rest of the kids have moved out and that left Darren, alone, to do all the chores I didn't want to do. I often said the reason you have kids is so they can do all the work you don't want to do.

The real reason Darren was sent to Hong Kong on his mission - me - I had to let go of my baby and the Lord knew this was the best way - send him far away. But two years away taught me that I could survive an empty nest. And since I learned that lesson well , I was blessed with Darren coming home with Tim Tams.

The only way to have hot chocolate!!!

Now maybe some other time I'll tell funny, embarrassing Darren stories but for now I say Happy Birthday to my Darren. 24 -the same age as my favorite TV show. Know that your mother loves you lots, tons, gobs, bunch.

2 comments:

Darren and Laura said...

I like it :) and yesssssss, it is the best way to have hot chocolate :)

KrizteeTrain said...

That's what grandchildren are for silly! Darren--get to work on that!