What a great couple of days!!! Matt and I took off on Wednesday morning - destination - Provo, Utah. Reason - Grants graduation from BYU. Eleven hours later we arrived at our hotel. Grant had been calling us and asking where were we - so after we got our room - we went to Grant and Liz's apartment to find out what tomorrows plans where. After the big tour of their place - to see new furniture - Grant came out with gifts for both Matt and I and Liz's folks - Mary and Rod. It was obvious a picture frame and I just tore off the wrapping. I was expecting a picture of the two of them or Grant in his cap and gown but I was wrong. It took me about a second to know that I was looking at an ultra sound picture and looking at Liz for a confirmation nod -I let out a scream and threw the frame at Matt. Hugging Liz and screaming - everyone else didn't know what I was so happy about. I heard comments like "Well, it must be good". I gave Grant a hug and looked at Matt as he finally figured out the message along with Mary and Rod. We where all just laughing and smiles as we listened to how Grant and Liz where going to tell us the next day at the restaurant but couldn't wait till then. Then the stories of morning sickness that lasts all day and the almost slips of telling one person or the other. At this point who cares about graduation - I'm going to be a grandma again - number 6 is on its' way.
We had to be there an hour before it started. Parking was crazy and we walked the whole campus. That is one huge campus!!! Grant dropped Liz off at the place so she didn't have to walk all that way - so she saved us some seats. As the graduates marched in - it took 45 minutes for them to come in and be seated - that's allot of graduates!! Turns out that Grant was almost right in front of us. He called us and said that they where starting to let people sit in the seats right behind him and if we hurried we might be able to get seats with backs to them instead of the bleacher seats we where in . Well, it worked - Matt got us good seats and it wasn't so hot either. Speakers - Russel M. Nelson and President Dieter F.Uchtdorf. President Uchtdorf speech was great and it was weird to applaud after the talks and choir number.
When all was over - we had to wait as the graduates filed out - Grant waited for us at the top of the stairs. We then went over to the apartment for a bar-b-Que and a chance to meet some of Grants and Liz's friends.
Good food - good company and video games - what more can you ask for? Matt and I went back to the room kinda early because we had to get up at 5am the next morning for the next graduation ceremony. This smaller service was to start at 8 am but the paper Grant was given said we all had to be there by 7:10 am. We got there at 7 am and where the first ones there. I was afraid that Grant miss read something but I must say by being first we got to pick the best seats. Once again we where only a few seats from Grant. We were the first row of parents and he was the last row of graduates.
Grant walking in.
After that graduation was a meet and great with refreshments. We ate and left. Yea, he did it and this part is all done. Matt and I went back to the room for a two hour nap. We didn't sleep to well the night before and needed it. Then we met up with everyone for one great late lunch early dinner and a restaurant that was very good and popular. Darren had joined us now and it was still early so we went off to find something fun to do. We decided to go to Park City. On the way we stopped at some water fall. Remember this Cristy?
Then off to shop - first we tried to get some Tim Tams but no luck - they where out :( Very sad!! Then off the the outlet stores and well, I made the mistake saying that I wanted a new dress. We walked into the Dress Barn and Grant just took over. I think he could host "What not to wear" I would look at a dress and he would just shoot my choice down and give me something else to try on. He got the owner involved, she would bring something out and ask Grant if that was OK and then ask me. Then one and a half hours later I walked out with a dress I never would have tried on let alone buy. It was really fun - for me and Grant anyway!!! We checked out a baby store but decided to wait until we know if it is a granddaughter or grandson. Then off to the hotel for some sleep but first a trip to Shopko for some cold medicine. I have decided to come down with a rotten head cold. Matt and I sleep in and go to the kids apartment at 10 am for breakfast. We say good-by to everyone and off to home. I feel really rotten now and poor Matt drives the whole way home while I sleep. We made it home by 8:30pm and crash. We turned the furnish off before we left and it was 56 degrees inside the house when we got home. A cold welcome but it is always good to be home. Now back to work. :(
But we where there in Provo for Grants graduation. We got up Thursday morning and had breakfast at a very yummy restaurant. I forget the name but it was goooood. We then had to get dressed and go to graduation service number one.



Good food - good company and video games - what more can you ask for? Matt and I went back to the room kinda early because we had to get up at 5am the next morning for the next graduation ceremony. This smaller service was to start at 8 am but the paper Grant was given said we all had to be there by 7:10 am. We got there at 7 am and where the first ones there. I was afraid that Grant miss read something but I must say by being first we got to pick the best seats. Once again we where only a few seats from Grant. We were the first row of parents and he was the last row of graduates.
Grant walking in.
Grant siting almost right in front of us -probably thinking the same thing we are - this guys speech is too long and boring.
Here he is waiting in line to go up and get the phony diploma and shake hands with the head guy of his department. If you want to see a picture of that very thing, you will have to go to his blog site because my picture was all blurry. I plan to buy the posed shot.
Here he is waiting in line to go up and get the phony diploma and shake hands with the head guy of his department. If you want to see a picture of that very thing, you will have to go to his blog site because my picture was all blurry. I plan to buy the posed shot.

3 comments:
No picture of the dress after that lengthy story?????
Well Grant texted me a pic of the dress and I think it is great and am proud of you for stepping out of your comfort zone! Sounds like a great fun trip. We are very excited for our new niece or nephew! Hope you feel better soon! Beware the swine flu!!
That was a very clever way for them to announce the birth of their baby!
Hope you feel better :)
Post a Comment