Now we want you to tell us who is better - You will find that there are four photos to choose from - two are Matts and two are mine. We know that Brady would be laughing hysterically right now and we agree - but we are old and so you should humor us - right? So just vote for the one photo you like the best - that's it - get your friends to take a look and vote too - just a silly thing that could make me 25 cents richer :)

This is number one
This is number two
This is number 3

Last but not least - number four
Thank - you all for helping out!!
7 comments:
i think number 4 is one that soudn't be on there because everyone will know mom took it ( its a duck :)
but i think that number 1 wins for me :)
I almost wrote word for word what d said.
By the way, nikki can't vote because the thing won't let both of us... but she votes for number 3.
By the way, I think 1-3 are awesome pictures, but I do see that 4 would have been tough to get in the winter in N. Idaho. Aren't they supposed to be south for the winter?
I vote for 3 as well, agree with the others that 4 has to be taken out of the running, I can't be objective if I know Sue took it, but that said it is a pretty good picture.
Well, I did have a professional photgrapher as a roommate for 3 1/2 years of my life (go figure that Nathaniel is the official picture taker becuase he is soooo good), so I feel I must critic each pic. One is good but make the classic blunder of putting the horizon line in the middle of the shot, it should be in the lower 1/3 or upper 2/3 of the pic (rule of 3'rds), Number two has real potential but didn't properly use light. There is so much more contrast with shadows that could have been exploited. My vote is for three as it uses contrast in color and focus, has good placement of the subject and leads the eye through the picture very well. Number four is a very interesting shot and gets big creative points as ducks are not typically found in snow, but the placement.... you don't want him in the middle of the pic (rule of 3rds again) but if he is walking forward, he should be placed in the picture such that our eyes are able to see him carry out his action of walking forward (ie. more space in front).
Basically, I pick three.
Great shots you two! It makes me proud to be from IDAHO!
My vote is for three because I think it took a photographer's mind to find the shot and then take it.
Note: in reference to my wife's comment, she doesn't even like taking pictures, so I find her sarcasm objectionable. Phooy! Also, her critique should be void because she's smarter than everybody else.
Is the duck your's Sue? I vote for it. I'm still your bestest, bestest, bestest.
They are all great though. Brady should be jealous.
Love you guys,
Marlene
Post a Comment