So the truth is I just checked and saw that just about the whole family had a new post for their blog today , so I just had to join in. I know that is following the crowd but this is a pretty good crowd to follow.
So I have tomorrow off. I love working for the school system. You get all these unexplained or unexpected days off. My Christmas brake was lengthen by two days due to snow. Then we went back to work for one whole day before we got another two days off because of snow. Then the unbelievable thing happened - I had to work 5 days in a row. That was so hard. (I skipped over the two days I took for Dad) Then I had the 19Th off because of MLK. I only had to work three days that week because we had the 23rd for in service day. More on that later. So, I have had three , three day week-ends in a row. I have such a hard job :) I am not looking forward to the stretch between Presidents day and Spring break -- I have to work solid. February 16 to March 27 ... Oh the horror !!!!
Speaking of horror - my in service meeting was just that. The horror of the open road. We spent three hours looking at video and still shots of car accidents. Then we were expected to drive home. UGH!!! I have but one thing to say to all of you - buckle up - put both hands on the wheel-stay awake - and never hurry.
Now I know that everyone is happy to see January leave but I have always hated February. I am sad to see January leave because now it is the dirty month. The month the dirt shows and it is gray everywhere. No green grass, no white snow, mud everywhere and very little sun shine. Now that is depression.
I'll try to have something exciting happen soon so I can blog about it. Till then - don't look outside it's too ugly.
4 comments:
Yeah, I am not a fan of the ugly/melty/muddy/grossy stuff either. January has been pretty, I'll give it that. This is not the prettiest town I live in here, but this whole month all of the trees are "frosted" as I call them. Just as if you spray painted every tiny branch in white, except prettier. I really really love it. It's so beautiful. I will miss that. Well, thanks for dampening my spirits. Guess I'm not looking forward to February after all. :) Just Kidding. Love you, Mom, and YAY for days off!
i say July, that is the month that should be extended to fit the whole year!!! beautiful weather, little if no rain, and hot. you can't beat that.
I would have to say that I enjoy February, but maybe that is because I beat the "post Christmas blues" by thinking about my b-day. Give it 10 years and I might be right there with ya. That's about when I think I'll stop looking forward to getting older :) Also February is great because it is the end of football until August. August, now there's a depressing month- school starts again, it's crazy hot, and football- YUCK!
We haven't had as many snow days as you - yet, there's a long way to go. We have a winter break in February and I'm counting the days! I hate inservices where you have to watch a series of nasty videos. From a training standpoint I understand it but I much prefer hands on training.
Post a Comment