So Nikki, Maddie, Sadie, Jack and I left Spokane at 6a.m. the morning of July 16. Sadie had one short moment of feeling sick but the sprite took care of that. First stop was Denver, then to Oklahoma City, then Huston and then to Jackson. Four separate planes and one very long sprint to the next plane in Huston (we made it ) and not one car seat,or piece of luggage was lost. I really think I should write someone and say job well done. Damon and Matt where at the airport to greet us and a very welcome sight they where. The girls did really well flying. Sadie slept the last two flights due to the Dramamine.
First stop was the apartment. A very nice and big place. Three bedrooms with each room having its own walk in closet. Great for storage. This picture is the building from the parking lot. Their place is the second floor but on the other side of the building
I love the trees there - they are Crap Myrdal trees. In case you where wondering. One thing Damon learned is that he never wants to be on the second floor again. EVER! Matt and Da unloaded the truck and Matt put the beds, table and stuff together. The Elders quorum did come and help with the piano and big stuff. Matt left on the 18th and I started playing with the kids so that Nikki and Da could unpack. As you can tell be this next picture - you don't want to be a box that needs unpacking when Nikki is around - yes , this is the knife she used.
Their apartment is bigger than what they are used to and so they have the room they need for all their stuff. Just a couple pictures of the inside.
This is the living room, french doors to the little deck.
The girls room has enough room for both beds and all the toys. The closet has the dressers and toys also.
The kitchen with laundry room in the back. They got front loading machines as you can see the washing machine door is open.
This is the pool they can go to. Perfect for families-the deepest point is 4 and a half feet deep. Maddie is a fish. The water is a little warm , since it was 100 degrees outside. But still refreshing when you get out. You don't need a towel.
One of the first things we did was go to the campus and check out Damon's new office. This is the building his office is in.

Really nice people there and the girls even found a lady that had jelly beans. What more can you want?
Well, as all good things must come to an end -I had a blast being a part of the Damon and Nikki family - I think the girls where ready to only have two parents by the time I left. And more important it was time for their lives to get back to normal in their new home. So after allot of tears on my part - (as I tear up even now) I take off on yet another plane to see Cristy.
One very big airport is Baltimore/Washington International and Cristy was still able to find me. I am very glad of that. It was late and we just went to her place and crashed. Nathaniel was already asleep - he was running a 101 degree fever - so we just aired up the mattress and went to sleep. About 2a.m. the air left the mattress and I slept the rest of the night on the floor. I must have been tired cause I slept.
This is the walk way up to her front door - that blue door you see. Lots of squirrels running around - one of the neighbors puts out peanuts. They too are on the top floor. You can just see their balcony in this picture.
This is the walk way up to her front door - that blue door you see. Lots of squirrels running around - one of the neighbors puts out peanuts. They too are on the top floor. You can just see their balcony in this picture.
This is standing at the front door looking in - yes it is small but perfect for the two of them. Very cute and this is actually the only picture I'm going to show you. Bug Cristy to post some more on her blog.
After that first night we went and stayed in Cesar and Susan's home. They went to Mexico for the week and offered their home for us to use. NICE!!!! They are the greatest people. Cristy and I went to the temple on Friday -I almost couldn't go because I lost my recommend - glad my bishop was at home working on his computer.
While we where there we met Uncle Chucks brother and sister-in-law there. It is a great story - ask Cristy about it. Then off to the sights of D.C.
While we where there we met Uncle Chucks brother and sister-in-law there. It is a great story - ask Cristy about it. Then off to the sights of D.C. We spent Saturday morning with Robbie and she took us to Great Falls Park - National Park? Anyway it was great - great hike and great views.

I think my hair frizzed more in D.C. then in Jackson. But all in all - it was a great time touring the nations capital and playing tourist. We even ate at a great Italian restaurant and all the while poor N was home with a fever. On my last day I was able to finally convince N to go to the Dr. He got some antibiotics and by Wednesday he was back to work. We all want to know if he caught this on his honeymoon? Will we ever know?
I have been asked over and over - if I was glad to be home? A very tough question actually - was I glad to be away from part of my family? NO! Was I glad to be home where I have two weeks of yard work to catch up on? NO! But- I guess I am glad to be with the rest of my family and be in my own bed - so yes, I'm glad to be home. But I look forward to doing this whole trip again. Maybe Matt can even join me.
3 comments:
Cute post, I should tell everyone to refer to your blog for pics of our apt. So glad you could come and thanks so much for all of your help!
love nik
again i am jelous of you and what you get to see. one day i will go and see it for myself, but for now i am glad i can rely on your pics and telling of the story.
So I am better now Momma Sue. For some reason the anti-biotics make my eyes hurt, and I feel drugged all the time, but that's better than laying in bed chilly all day. Glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment