I got to go meet Troy. My seventh grand child and a happy one at that. I was lucky enough to be there when he figured out how to smile. He does it very well, especially in the morning.
The first week was just hanging out with some shopping thrown in there. Cris was able to figure out how she wanted to decorate the nursery and we got some material and wooden letters to spell out Troy for the wall. It was just great to be able to get to know little Troy and to spend time with my oldest daughter. Cristy later realized that we had not spent much time together - just the two of us - in many years - I would guess, a good 10 years. Time well spent.
Look out for this bad boy.
But this Moreira has Idaho blood running through his veins. He is one smart boy.
Now it was time to show Troy and Papa Matt some of the sights of Washington D.C.
So this is some garden by some museum. I wanted to just show pictures of Troy and say this is Troy at the Air and space Museum and this is Troy outside the White House and so forth but I never really took any pictures while we where acting all touristy.
Then I had one of those moments when you realize you are turning into one of your parents. This is me realizing that I am becoming my Mother because this is what I saw as everyone walked so much faster than I. We went and saw the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. This was after a dinner at Uno's . Yummy, Chicago Pizza.
Another one of Hallie - cause she is so stinking cute.
The next day was C&N 2nd wedding anniversary - so Matt and I let them go to dinner alone. We watched Troy and well....
Matt and I left the next day and that was a very hard good-by.
To Cristy and Nathaniel - thank -you for letting us disrupt your lives for two weeks - tell Cesar and Susan thanks for the great dinner - thank-you to Grant and Liz for driving 9 hours so that we could see you and Hallie. Love you all.
Family time is the greatest time!!!
3 comments:
Great post!!! So glad you were able to go and be with them. Troy is growing so fast!
Those are some cute babies if I do say so myself! We are so glad we got to see you guys!
Agreed--cute babies. We will have to settle this civilly and concede that they are EQUALLY cute.
Thanks to Grandma Sue and Papa Matt for visiting!
Post a Comment