Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Super Heros

So who do you think of when you hear the words Super Hero? I usually go to Superman because the movies came out when I was a teenager and they where great movies. Lately there have been allot of movies about all kinds of super hero's.

Batman is just a martial arts guy with a great costume. I have never liked any of the batman movies but I must be fair in that I haven't seen too many. Now Captain America has a cool name. His powers of strength is always a plus. The Flash is great because of his speed and you can always think of a time in your life when that would be a cool power to have. Right? Your thinking of one now, aren't you? The Green Hornet - I remember from my youth but he is just like batman - no powers - just a guy in a costume fighting crime. He-man, and the power of Gray Scull. My kids loved watching that show when they were little. Not only was He-man strong but he has a cat named Cringer who becomes Battle cat. I'm not one for cats but that is cool. Spider man makes great movies too. And his power of web making and enhanced senses is fun - and who wouldn't want to climb up the side of a building? Wonder Woman - a show I never watched as a kid - bullet proof bracelets and a magic lasso just didn't hold my interest. But I think Superman is the greatest of all super heroes - because he is strong , he can fly and let us not forget the ex-ray vision, laser eyes and enhanced senses. He can do it all - well almost all.

I would like to introduce you to one more super hero. Well, maybe not a super hero but more of a sidekick. Have you ever seen the movie Sky High? About a high school for kids with super powers. They are put into two groups - one group - the hero group -the kids all have impressive powers. The next group - the sidekicks - have not so impressive powers. So his powers may not be to impressive but I think he is one great super Hero!! My Dad!! John Edward Lawyer - Mr. Lawn Mower Man!!!

He can see grass grow! He can mow a lawn in a single day - twice - if needed. My Dad must have ex-ray vision also - cause he can tell if a plant needs water - and how much water. He has created a lawn that just calls out to you - to take off your shoes. Yes, a walk on his lawn has been medically proven to relieve stress, lower blood pressure and feel really really good.

You may laugh but I am serious. My Dad is a great man! Better Homes and Gardens has never showcased a more beautiful yard. Dad's only draw back is that he won't work on my lawn. I love him anyway. :)

4 comments:

Liz and Grant said...

Wow, you know your super heroes! Grandpa Lawyer is the best, Grant always makes fun of me for calling them Grandma and Grandpa Lawyer, (however the one time I asked him what Grandpa Lawyer's first name was, Grant got really confused and after about a week said, "I'm not sure if it's John or Edward, we just call him Grandpa")but they are much more fun than my Grandparents were, so I am claiming them :)

Campbells said...

I am not sure if He-mans cat is named cringer. That doesn't sound right! But I do love grandpa lawyer as well!

Darren and Laura said...

a blog after my own heart :) You forgot that wonder woman could also fly and was super strong, well at least in the cartoon she could, not the TV series. Batman also had technology on his side. but i do agree with the superman comment, he is the best :)

KrizteeTrain said...

My favorite super hero is King Kong. He saved that one woman from her bad friends and he's super huge and super-strong.

Plus, in the remake, he fights those three T-Rex' and rips open their mouths. He also bangs on his chest a lot and spends his free time eating bamboo shoots on his bum.

Now there is a man after my heart ;)