
I must say that I live in part of the country that was blessed by the hand of God. Yes - even God's country. I don't have to wait for a clear day to be able to see my mountains - I can always look around and they are there.
Matt and I took off yesterday in his jeep. We ended up being out longer than we wanted - at least that is how we felt after we got home. But it was a beautiful ride. Went to Sandpoint - the long way - over the mountain. Four and a half hours to get there - one to get back. :)
That is Bayview on the shore of Lake Pend Oreille. For those of you who know north Idaho. :) For those of you who don't - the lake is pronounced Ponderay.
The mountains just keep on going - a little hazy but it is windy and there is dust in the air.
Mountain views are just beautiful.
Name that wild flower. I can't - Damon, Cristy or Nikki? Can you remember? I ask you because of the great flower project you all had to do in High school.
The trip was great except for these guys. If they wouldn't buzz your ear, I don't think it would be as bad. I think?
After we got to Sandpoint - Matt and I did something we have never done before - walked the long bridge.Was a good day - and we found other roads to explore some other time. :)
3 comments:
Darn all of you and your "beautiful Idaho" posts! This is the one time of the year that I really miss home, enjoy the water and lack of humididty! But know that we will be gloating come winter when you guys are snowed in for 5 months;) It makes us feel better and it all evens out right?
I second that. It'll be nice to come for a visit in a few weeks!
Love ya,
da
i so so so miss the green that you get to see every day. everyone here says it is so green because of all the snow we had in winter, but i don't see it. it is all brown.
enjoy some for me please :)
Post a Comment