Thursday, December 18, 2008

UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!!

We just had a repeat of last years winter - only it happened in one day!!! The above picture is a yard stick just stuck in as far as it would go - I bet it isn't to the grass - so....add a couple more inches. It started snowing yesterday at 6 a.m. and it hasn't stopped yet. It is crazy!! So we had a snow day today and tomorrow is already called off. So two extra days for vacation. It is so bad that even Matt is home. He got up and went to work - after getting stuck 5 times and digging himself out - he made it back home - only to be stuck in the driveway.

So out came the snow blower and he dug himself out again.

This is not the greatest picture of me but look at how high the snow is - to my thigh!!
No plow has been by - there is no snow berm to make this look deeper - this is how much snow we have gotten in 24 hours. We have broken records set in 1950 - for the most snow fall in one day. The last record was 12.5 inches and officially we got 27 inches. That is Coeur d'Alene record not Spokane.
The view of the house from the street - which is undriveable - the snow is to the top of the porch.
The snow is deeper than the snow blower. I'm glad Matt is not on the road - I could never push that machine through this.
This is Dad - I just wanted his picture - but once again the snow behind him has not been piled upon.
This is the pick-up next to the shop. The snow on the roof of our neighbors' shop is impressive.
I walked over to Mom and Dads' and noticed that the snow was higher than their porch. I am really glad we are here to help them.

This is the fence between Phill and us. TV has been nothing but news about what is closed and telling us all to stay home. They even closed the shopping mall. So after plowing us out - it only took 4 hours - Matt and I are going to rest up so that tomorrow we can do it all over again. It is still snowing and it isn't suppose to stop till sometime tonight.

The good news is that it is very light snow. Now much water in the snow- can't make a snow man - it won't pack. So we don't have to get up on the roof and shovel :)

So right now - I'd like to tell my kids how much I love them - stay active in the church and always follow the prophet!!! Just in case - I might get lost in this snow - but I'll try not to!!

2 comments:

Campbells said...

Today we got up to 78 degrees. I had to bust out the shorts again as we went to get some ice cream.

Those pictures are crazy!!!! Way to go you guys. Bet you didn't get up at 6 a.m. to shovel like you made me do....

Love ya!

Mandy said...

This is so crazy! AWESOME pictures! Well, we don't know when we may be home now, but it definitely will be delayed! Love ya!